Re: [hr-wsis] Overpasses for the summit

Hi Robert,

Le vendredi, 21 oct 2005, à 20:58 Europe/Paris, Robert Guerra a écrit :

Dear  colleagues:

The summit overpass policy (still being drafted by the CSB) contemplates each WG, Caucus and regional group being given an equal share of passes to enter the plenary room. The exact details as to how that will be divided, well, is still under debate by the bureau...

I hope you and others would keep us informed on what's going on.

That being said, it seems likely that each WG, Caucus and regional group will have to appoint a designated contact person. This person's role will be pickup the passes and equitabily distribute them to his/her caucus.

In terms of how "others" are doing it...well, as focal point on the CSB for the "north american and european" regional group, I have setup a email address (wsis@privaterra.org) where people can submit an email. As it gets received, a automated acknowledgement gets sent.

I have also setup a website <http://www.privaterra.org/~rguerra/wsis/> , one where people fill in their details and have it emailed to the address above.

I'm not sure I've understood the procedure. Suppose we have something like that for the HR caucus (kindly set up by Robert, I hope:)):
A caucus member who would like a pass fills in the form or sends an email.
Then what happens ?

How can we deal with more requests than available passes ?

Also, could you please send us a short reminder on overpasses:
- nominative or not
- to be used for whole summit or different passes for opening, plenaries, etc.
- any other useful info

Finally, Robert: would you, as a member of HR caucus, help with the overpasses issue: request, distribution, whatever to be done ? If you're not too busy already with other tasks, of course.

Best,
Meryem