Re: [hr-wsis] Re: draft letter to de Mello

hi meryem

I would simply then, remove the first sentance? We use the following
language, but in the context of redressing power relatons.. so it might not
be what you're looking for..

ICTs can be used to either exacerbate or transform unequal power relations.
Part of this recognition includes an awareness of the limits of ICTs - that
in and of themselves, ICTs cannot create gender equality, or end poverty,
but that they can be tools for social action and positive social change.

you can then follow on with the sentance beginning ' and disturbing
capacities..'

i do apologise however for jumping in late with all these comments.. but i
would suggest removing that first sentance (easiest option) as you may find
others interpret it as i did (which i understand isn't the intentional
meaning..)

karen