Fra: Meryem Marzouki [mailto:marzouki@ras.eu.org]
Sendt: ti 11-04-2006 09:56
Til: hr-wsis@iris.sgdg.org
Emne: [hr-wsis] Re: HR Caucus nomination to IPG-MAG

Hi all,

[Je répondrai plus tard au message de Souhayr, qui demande d'abord
une traduction que je n'ai pas le temps de réaliser dans l'immédiat]

I'll answer later Souhayr's message, since it needs first a
translation that I don't have time to do immediately.

As for Robin's candidacy, I think it would be good to give her the
support of the caucus. IP Justice statement to the IGF on substantive
agenda is entirely compatible with the HR caucus own statement (both
available at: http://www.intgovforum.org/contributions_sa.htm). Also,
this recommendation is consistent with the stronger focus of the HR
caucus statement on economic, social and cultural rights.

I would ask Robin to take into account the fact that on freedom of
expression, privacy and the rule of law, the HR caucus is proposing
the establishment of an IGF task force on HR and IG, rather than to
discuss these issues line any other susbtantive issues.

In any case, please send your comments on IP Justice candidacy today,
since the list of recommendations should be sent to the nomcom by
April 12 (tomorrow).

If there are other candidates for HR caucus recommendation, please do
post this info on this list today.

Best,
Meryem

--
Working List of the WSIS Human Rights Caucus
Web site : http://www.iris.sgdg.org/actions/smsi/hr-wsis