Re: [governance] NomCom nomination statments - To publish or not to Publish

Hi all,

I think all the information sent to the nomcom should be made public, or at least known to IGC members. i.e.:
"- Name
- Name of nominator (or self)
- Nationality
- Country of Residence
- Gender
- Short Bio relevant to IG
- Why the (self)nominee is a good choice for the MAG"
And any additional information if received.

I cannot even imagine that strong and necessary arguments like transparency of the process may be balanced by things like "fear of loss of face" (if so, then just decline any nomination!) or "allows nomcom to reject a famous person who would seem unrejectable if her name was published" (so, there are "unrejectable" persons? Who however would be rejected, if only nomcom members can make sure they wont be killed for doing this?).

Also, I may have missed some explanation, but what would be the result of the nominating process ? A consensus on the 15 final names, an ordered list of all nominated people, classified by the number of "votes" rceived from individual members of the nomcom ? i.e. How the nomcom would proceed?
If there is an ordered list of nominated people, then it must be published too.

This is important since this process will only produce people recommended by the IGC, while other groups/coalitions/orgs will provide their own recommendations.

Best,
Meryem