Re: [hr-wsis] Re: Overpasses for the summit

Le vendredi, 21 oct 2005, à 22:53 Europe/Paris, Robert Guerra a écrit :

Those who would like to attend the Opening plenary on the 16th (ie. hear Ebadi give her talk), need to get an overpass. So the overpass issue is an important one. My fear is that the Tunisians will try to stack the room, or horde all the overpasses so that :

a. many in CS will not be able to enter the plenary room to hear her...
b. sympathetic Tunisians can loudly applaud the president..

This will happen in any case, not to mention the extatic crowd inside and outside:)

[CSB]
we are talking about a CS structure that has a large Tunisian component. Who is there - a tunisian parliamentarian on the Bureau, Moncef (yes, he still there - hasn't been fired) and two others. Does not make it easy.

These newly appointed Tunisian Senators seem to all be busy with WSIS:). For sure, there is nothing to do in the Senate...
And I will keep for myself my overall comments on the CSB in general. NB. the HR caucus has always refused to have a seat in this thing.

Finally, Robert: would you, as a member of HR caucus, help with the overpasses issue: request, distribution, whatever to be done ? If you're not too busy already with other tasks, of course.

take it as a given that more than happy to help with overpasses. I'm already doing it for the NA & EU caucus and willing to do the same for people here.

Thanks a lot Robert, for your explanations and offer to help. The deal is made, I think:)
One more question that should be dealt with: at Geneva Summit, many people asked for overpasses through many different caucuses. This specially happens in general with membership to (at least) both a thematic and a regional caucus.
If I well remember, we've collectively dealt with this problem by sorting out the overall list of requests from all caucuses, and suppressing duplicates (or something like that).
It could be useful that in the form you provide on the web site, you make clear that _all_ caucus/family/taskforce/working group memberships should be listed, for further consolidation: it doesn't matter through which constituency one obtains an overpass, after all.