What's going on ? "CS" Press release and "CS"-Private sector joint statement

Dear all,

1/ I fully support the concerns on the "CS" press release raised by Ralf hereafter, and previously by Jean-Louis and Rikke.

2/ I've found on ITU web site, in the list of documents submitted by Observers, a document called "25 February 2005 - Observers (Business Sector and Civil Society): Joint statement on behalf of Civil Society Plenary and the Coordination Committee of Business Interlocutors" (http://www.itu.int/wsis/docs2/pc2/subcommittee/Jointcs-ccbi.html).
There have been concerns raised on this plenary list by organizations who asked for individual endorsements by organizations, rather than attributing this statement to CS as a whole.
Who took the responsability to submit it to ITU secretariat to have it on the website, thus ignoring the plenary ?

It is too late to withdraw the "CS" press release, since no one from CS had the opportunity to comment on a draft.
But it is still time to ask for the so-called "Joint statement on behalf of Civil Society Plenary and the Coordination Committee of Business Interlocutors" to be removed from ITU website, and that its promoters look for endorsements by individual organizations.

I'm really wondering what's going on with CS at WSIS II...

Best regards,
Meryem Marzouki
--
Meryem Marzouki - http://www.iris.sgdg.org
IRIS - Imaginons un réseau Internet solidaire