Fwd: [hr-wsis] Nominations to the WGIG

Bill McIver <Bill.McIver@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> wrote:

>Further, I think the HR caucus should consider supporting people from
>some of the other WSIS caucuses in terms of addressing the regional
>diversity issue. One in particular would be:
>Carlos Alfonso

I do agree too on this. Carlos Alfonso from Ritz  (Brazil) is a good
candidate and also Raul Echeberria from LACNIC (Uruguay). He is also fluen
in English and Portuguese (spoken and written) and Spanish (native
language)

Education	:
Computer Science Degree, Universidad de la República, Uruguay
Master in Information Technologies, Universitario Autónomo del Sur, Uruguay.
Post-graduate studies in Top Level Business Management, Unversidad de
Montevideo, Uruguay.

Publications:
He is author of many articles published in different newspapers,
specialized magazines and websites, covering topics such as:
Domain Names market, ICANN evolution, Internet Governance, SPAM
Generic Internet issues.

Conference Presentations:
Regular speaker at international fora worldwide. Some of them are:

RIR meetings in all the regions. (ARIN, APNIC, RIPE NCC, LACNIC, AFRINIC)
WALC meetings.
WSIS regional and global meetings.
ISOC Workshop at WSIS 2003: ?The Internet: The Players, its Legacies and
its Future?,  The RIR system. Geneva, Dec. 2003.
UNCTAD (E-commerce and Development)? ?State of the Arts in the Domain Name
Market?, Montevideo, May 2001.
Latin America ? European Union Forum. Rio de Janeiro, Nov. 2001.
?Co-operation on Standardisation aspects. The approach in the Americas and
the Perspective of Global Fora?
ICANN?s At Large Committee Meeting, Stockholm, Sweden. May 2001. ?The
Latin-American Evaluation and future?s perspectives?
Cainet ?2000 Cairo, Egypt March 2000. Experiences in the devlopment of
Internet Technologies? Training in Latinamerica.

Teaching Experience:
Permanent Member of the Academic Team of WALC (Workshop in internet
technologies for America Latina and the Caribbean) since 1997.
In the WALC's framework, I have lectured classes in several Universities:
UNAM ? Mexico
Universidad de los Andes ? Venezuela
Pontificia Universidad Católica N.S.M. y M. (Dominican Republic
Universidad Federal de Río de Janeiro (Brazil)
Universidad ORT (Uruguay)
Teacher in the ?Training Course for Telecom Regulators? REGULATEL /
LIRNE.NET, Guatemala, Sep. 2003

Professional Experience:
LACNIC (Latin American and Caribbean Internet Addresses Registry) ? CEO
Since 04/2002
Member of the NAIS (The NGO and Academic ICANN Study) research Team under
contract with the University of Oxford. 10/2000 ? 04/2002
Manager of the Latin-American and Caribbean Information and Communication
Technologies Policy Monitor Project (APC LAC ICT Policy Monitor Project).
The Association for the Progressive Communication. 01/2002 ? 12/2002
Portalagro.com ? (Electronic Business in the Agricultural Sector). CEO
01/2000 ? 12/2001
National Institute of Agricultural Research, Uruguay. CTO. 1991 ? 2001
Consultant for projects of :
Uruguayan Exporter?s Association
Inter-American Institute for Cooperation in Agriculture.
Inter American Development Bank
INIA, Uruguay
United Nations.
FAO
Private companies.

Other Relevant Experience:
Treasure and Executive Council member of the NRO (Number Resource
Organization) since 10/2003
Chairman of the Board of LACNIC ? 08/2000 ? 11/2002
Former member of the Name Council of ICANN on behalf of the Non Commercial
Constituency, 1999.
Founder member of the Non Commercial Domain Name Holders Constituency of
ICANN and co-writer of the first Charter.
ViceChairman of ENRED ? Latinamerican Network Forum ? 1998 - 2001
Member of the Uruguayan Government Ad Hoc Advisory Council in Electronic
Commerce.
Member of the Uruguayan Government Ad Hoc Advisory Council in Internet 2
projects.
Member of the DNSO?s Working groups B(protection of famous trademarks
protection) ,C (new TLDs), and D (internal Procedures), 1999/2000.