From: Bill McIver [mailto:Bill.McIver@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca]
Sent: 10. september 2004
14:01
To: hr-wsis@iris.sgdg.org
Subject: [hr-wsis] Nominations to the WGIG (was Re: Nomination - Gregory J. Walters)

All,

I share other's concerns about nominating people who
have not been working within or close to the process.

Ideally we should have people who are cognizant of
the positions we have worked on, as well as the outstanding issues
on IG.  There should be a continuity.

There are caucus members who are qualified in this context and should be considered
by us. I haven't consulted any of them, but here is my list
in alphabetical order only:

Diana Bronson
Rikke Frank Joergensen
Rainer Kuhlen
Meryem Marzouki

Further, I think the HR caucus should consider supporting people from
some of the other WSIS caucuses in terms of addressing the regional
diversity issue. One in particular would be:

Carlos Alfonso

Thoughts?

WJM

Robert Guerra wrote:

I would like to submit the name of  - Gregory J. Walters  -  as a
nominee for consideration of this caucus as a perspective candidate
for the  Working Group on Internet Governance (WGIG)

regards,

Robert

btw. Ken Anderson is a name mentioned below. He is at the Information
and privacy commission for the province of Ontario (canada). He is
the director of legal services and deputy privacy commissioner.

--
###
Robert Guerra <rguerra@privaterra.org>

--
Working List of the WSIS Human Rights Caucus
Web site : http://www.iris.sgdg.org/actions/smsi/hr-wsis

--
Bill McIver, Ph.D
==