HR caucus event during PrepCom3

Hi all,

During Paris intersessional, Diana Bronson from Rights and Democracy,
Canada, who has been very active representing our caucus together with
Rikke and myself, talked to both of us about her intention of
launching, during PrepCom3, a report published by her organization on
Human Rights and the Information Society. Given that two other major
reports regarding issues dealt with by WSIS, and of particular
importance for the HR caucus were going to be released by the same
time, we discussed the idea of an event during PrepCom3, launching the
three reports, this event being organized in the name of the human
rights caucus, so as to make it and the human rights issues more
visible in the WSIS context.

The three of us found that this organization by the HR caucus is
specially relevant, since the two other reports are published by either
members of the HR caucus, or close partners to some of its members,
with contributions by some members of the caucus to these reports. Of
course the publishers of the two other reports have been contacted and
have welcomed on the idea.

Fortunately for Rikke and myself, Diana has taken care of all the
organizing matters, in contact with the caucus coordinators and the
publishers of the reports.

The detailed agenda is being finalized and will be publicized soon
through a flyer that we'll kindly ask you to distribute widely. As for
now, this message is only to inform the HR caucus members in advance.

The event will take place on Friday September 19, 5-8pm in ITU
building. Put this date on your agenda !

Meryem