Re: Proposal: Speaking slots

Dear Sally, YJ, and all,

I would like to strongly approve Sally's answer : there is no consensus
among CS organizations to be considered as "equal partners" with
governments.

Observers doesn't have so much time to speak. In such a context, at
that step of the whole process after two prepcoms, and given this
absence of consensus the status, I think it would be a waste of time to
use the little space that we have to express anything else than our
priorities on content and themes.

 From Renata's message, CS will have :
- 6 slots on Tuesday (maybe 2 or 3 more)
- 4 slots on Wednesday
- 4 slots on Thursday
- 4 slots on Friday

This means 18 slots of 5 minutes maximum each. This seems to be for CS
only, since, e.g. CS would have all in all 30 mn on Tuesday out of 2
hours, meaning that these 2 hours should be shared between all
observers: CS, industry, international organizations (and who is the
4th group ???).

I hope that a reasonable amount of us will be able to meet on Monday at
Unesco to discuss the allocation of speaking slots.
There have been 56 contributions submitted by CS single organizations
and by caucuses. Caucuses should be prioritized in my opinion,
specially when they mean a real coalition of more than one member :-).
Given such a criteria, and also given the fact that some
organizations/caucuses may arrange common presentation using only one
time slot, I am sure we can find a satisfying repartition.

I would also find it reasonable to allow the first 5mn time slot on
Tuesday to the C&T group, so that a short overview of the document can
be presented.

Meryem