Following-up post-WSIS Action lines

Dear all,

Following the announcement I've just forwarded to this list, I'd like to remind all of you (of us!) that we have collectively decided to remain involved, as a caucus, in post-wsis activities.
These activities are mainly the IGF and the 11 post-wsis action lines.
Till now, we have been following IGF developments, proposed substantive contributions and nominated candidates, together with comments addressed to IGF secretariat.
However, we've done nothing yet regarding post-wsis action lines.

I do remember that we agreed on my suggestion to write a letter Re: the fact that no action line is concerned with HR (there is rather an 'ethics' action line), and that the OHCHR is not among the almost 15 UN agencies in charge of the 11 action lines. I should have drafted something, but I've been quite busy till now. Sorry about that (though thinking that this draft could come from anyone here:)).

Besides that, we should at least make sure that we can follow the developments, even though it's obvious that most of us wont be able to attend this huge number of meetings. However, some activities can be conducted online (e.g. Unesco has set up a portal) and we can also participate remotely by sending contributions, comments, etc.

Since there are 11 action lines (in addition to the IGF), I suggest that we divide the task among us, so that hopefully most if not all actions lines could be covered by some HR caucus members or even just one member. What is important is to follow developments, report to the list and suggest how the caucus can contribute. If we can have members attending some events on behalf of the caucus, that would be ideal, of course.

The list of action lines is at: http://www.itu.int/wsis/ implementation/index.html. If one or more is falling within your interest/your competence so that you can follow it, please keep us informed on this list, so that we can have a global idea of the issues which can be "covered" by the caucus.

Next month is full of post-wsis events related to action lines. All these events will be held in Geneva, from 11 to 18 May (see list at: http://www.itu.int/wsis/implementation/index.html). Plus, still in Geneva, there is an IGF consultation meeting on May 19, and the first meeting of the MAG on May 22-23.

Can we have an idea of who is likely to attend which events (if agreed on behalf of the caucus) ? As far as I'm concerned, I'll be in Montreal and then busy in Paris during this very period of time (in addition to lacking funding to go and stay in Geneva), thus I cannot attend any of these events, unfortunately.

Best,
Meryem