Fra: Ginger Paque [mailto:ginger@paque.net]
Sendt: ma 10-04-2006 15:36
Til: hr-wsis@iris.sgdg.org
Emne: [hr-wsis] Re: Fwd: Nominations to IGF Advisory Committee - Info
Hello all,
I agree with you, Meryem, that 3 is a good option, and that it might be best for us to nominate someone, i.e. Rikke for an IGC nomination, and to nominate this person in name of the HR caucus as well.

I strongly feel that it is important to have a qualified HR person on the MAG, and that we should use all possible avenues to achieve this.

To speed matters up, perhaps Rikke could do a self-nomination, because she can give the best information for the nomination, and then those who want to can endorse it?

Thanks, Ginger
----- Original Message ----- From: Meryem Marzouki To: hr-wsis@iris.sgdg.org Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 4:55 AM

Hi all,

In addition to these two possibilities below, I forgot to add a third one:
(3) The HR caucus recommends its own list of people directly to the IGF.
In fact, the nomination through the nomcom process is an internet governance caucus process (although open to others). Its final list of recommended people will be people recommended by the IGC. But their will certainly be other recommendations by other constituencies/ groups/ organizations/individuals.

Frankly, I have no idea what would be best. Maybe (3):
In case someone we want to recommend (e.g. Rikke, but we can add others too) is also nominated by the IGC/nomcom, then following way (3) may give more chances.
Meryem

  Début du message réexpédié :

  --
  Working List of the WSIS Human Rights Caucus
  Web site : http://www.iris.sgdg.org/actions/smsi/hr-wsis