[hr-wsis] Re: Reminder about the first WSIS follow-up Conference

Dear Jane,

I am writing you from Iran, from a non-governmental
organization active in the framework of the WSIS. We
would like to attend the meeting but from Iran through
the possibility of remote participation to the
conference.

I have visited you website, and I filled the
registration form, while I wrote my comment that I can
not come to Denmark.

I wish you all the best. I hope you help me how I can
have such remote participation.

Best wishes
Saeid N. Neshat

--- Jane Johnsen <jane@una.dk> wrote:

> The WFUNA Task Force on WSIS and the Danish Network
> on WSIS
>
> cordially invites you to attend the international
> conference on
>

> Where to go from Tunis?
>
> - Implementation of and follow-up to the World
> Summit on the Information Society and the role of
> Civil Society in this process
>

> Date: February 21st -22nd, 2006
>
> Venue: The National Museum of Denmark, Copenhagen
>

> On November 18th 2005 the World Summit on the
> Information Society (WSIS) concluded with an
> agreement among world leaders on ambitious
> objectives and promises for the future Information
> Society. Now that the Summit has ended and world
> leaders have returned home, we are wondering - will
> these objectives and promises be fulfilled and kept?
>

> Time has come to evaluate the results and take stock
> of what impact the Tunis Agenda for the Information
> Society will have on global development in general,
> and more specifically on the future of the
> Information Society. How do we go on from here, how
> do we ensure that ICTs truly become tools for
> development, and what will be the role of civil
> society in the implementation of the Tunis results?
>

> These issues will be addressed at the international
> conference on Where to go from Tunis. More
> specifically, the conference will present keynote
> speeches and workshops focusing on:
>

> ¨       National ICT strategies
>
> ¨       Local access to ICT
>
> ¨       Human Rights and ICT
>
> ¨       International follow-up mechanisms to the
> WSIS process - with special focus on the Internet
> Governance Forum and the ECOSOC Commission on
> Science and Technology
>

> Participation in the conference is free of charge.
> Lunch and refreshments are included. For more
> information about the conference and how to
> register, please visit our website www.una.dk/wsis
> or contact Project Coordinator Ms. Jane Johnsen at
> jane@una.dk.
>

> Please note that remote participation to the
> conference will be available through advanced
> collaboratory tools.

Iran NGO News is a group composed of Iranian non-governmental organizations that share their news and events through this group that is moderated by the House of Culture and Sustainable Development. If you are from the NGO community in Iran or you are interested in NGO activities, please join us. Let us share what we believe and do through this mailing list. You can become a member to the list by sending a blank email to: ngonews-subscribe@yahoogroups.com