First list of supports sent - Shirin Ebadi nomination

Dear all,

I'd like to inform the plenary that I've sent the first list of CS supports to Ms. Ebadi nomination (15+ WSIS CS Thematic and Regional Caucuses, 20+ Worldwide and Regional CS Organizations and Coalitions, 30+ National CS
Organizations and Coalitions. See below the list), to Mr Utsumi and Amb. Karklins.

I've been told by the Exec Secretariat that the date when we can expect a decision by Mr Utsumi is not known yet. In the mean time, I will send any additional support that would be expressed. Since we don't know the deadline, and since I wouldn't like to send too many messages to MM. Utsumi and Karklins, please hurry up if you would like to add your support and haven't done that yet (I'm already keeping track of some additional supports already sent to me).

Best,
Meryem
======
Shirin Ebadi as Civil Society Speaker for WSIS Tunis Opening Ceremony
Nominated on October 12, 2005 by WSIS CS Human Rights Caucus
List of CS supports, as of October 16, 2005

WSIS CS Thematic and Regional Caucuses:

1. African Caucus (ACSIS: African Civil Society for the Information Society)
2. Asia Pacific Family
3. Community Media Working Group
4. Cultural Diversity Caucus
5. Disability Caucus
6. Financing Mechanisms Working Group
7. Gender Caucus
8. Grassroots Caucus
9. Health and ICT Working Group
10. Human Rights Caucus
11. Internet Governance Caucus
12. Media Caucus
13. North American & European Family
14. Privacy and Security Working Group
15. West-Asia Family
16. Youth Caucus

Worldwide and Regional CS Organizations and Coalitions:

1. AMARC (Association Mondiale des Radiodiffuseurs Communautaires), Worldwide
2. APC (Association for Progressive Communications), Worldwide
3. Article 19, Worldwide
4. CMIC/WFCN (Carrefour Mondial de l’Internet Citoyen), Worldwide
5. CMRTV (Conseil Mondial de la Radio Télévision), Worldwide
6. CONGO (Conference Of Non-Governmental Organizations), Worldwide
7. CPSR (Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility), Worldwide
8. EURAG (European Federation of Older Persons), Europe
9. FIDH (Fédération Internationale des Ligues des Droits de l’Homme), Worldwide
10. Front Line (International Foundation for the Protection of Human Rights Defenders), Worldwide
11. HIVOS (Humanistisch Instituut voor Ontwikkelingssamenwerking), Worldwide
12. IFLA (International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions), Worldwide
13. IFUW (International Federation of University Women), Worldwide
14. Isis-WICCE (Isis-Women’s International Cross Cultural Exchange), Worldwide
15. IWTC (International Women’s Tribune Centre), Worldwide
16. OMCT (Organisation Mondiale Contre la Torture), Worldwide
17. OneWorld International Foundation, Worldwide
18. SIGNIS (World Catholic Association for Communication), Worldwide
19. Soroptimist International, Worldwide
20. PEN Club, Worldwide
21. WBU (World Blind Union), Worldwide
22. WPFC (World Press Freedom Committee), Worldwide

National CS Organizations and Coalitions:

1. AFNET (Association Francophone des utilisateurs du Net), France
2. Alliance Rights, Nigeria
3. CAPDA (Consortium d’Appui aux Actions pour la Promotion et le Développement de l’Afrique), Cameroon
4. CEFEPROD (Centre Féminin pour la Promotion du Développement), Cameroon
5. Comunica-CH (Swiss CS Coalition for the Information Society), Switzerland
6. CSDPTT (Coopération, Solidarité, Développement aux PTT), France
7. Danish Institute for Human Rights, Denmark
8. Disability Australia Ltd., Australia
9. DR-DK (Digital Rights Denmark), Denmark
10. FAMES (Forum des Femmes Africaines pour un Monde de l’Economie Solidaire), Senegal
11. Fantsuam Foundation, Nigeria
12. FFCWI (Foundation for Future Christian Workers International), Ghana
13. GLOCOM (Center for Global Communications, International University of Japan), Japan
14. House of Culture and Sustainable Development, Iran
15. IGP (Internet Governance Project), USA
16. IP Justice, USA
17. IRIS (Imaginons un Réseau Internet Solidaire), France
18. ISOC-BG (Internet Society of Bulgaria), Bulgaria
19. ITeM (Instituto del Tercer Mundo), Uruguay
20. IT for Change, India
21. LDV (Lagos Digital Village), Nigeria
22. LTDH (Ligue Tunisienne des Droits de l’Homme), Tunisia
23. Norwegian PEN, Norway
24. Open Forum of Cambodia, Cambodia
25. Ouvaton, France
26. Pain pour le prochain, Switzerland
27. UDC (Union for Democratic Communications), USA/Canada
28. UNA-ANUV (United Nations Association of Venezuela), Venezuela
29. UNA-DK (Danish United Nations Association), Denmark
30. UNOY (United Nations of Youth, Network Nigeria), Nigeria
31. Vérité-Action, Switzerland
32. Village Suisse ONG, Cameroon/Switzerland

In their individual capacity (only people whose organization is not listed, or who are participating in WSIS in their individual capacity):

1. Vittorio Bertola, Italy
2. Harold L. Burstyn, USA
3. Elizabeth Carll, USA
4. Larbi Chouikha, Tunisia