Re: [hr-wsis] WGIG -- NCUC list

Hi everyone -
I like the NCUC list (no surprise, I helped draft it) ;) but I do want to check whether this caucus (together with the privacy caucus) is going to follow the procedure requested by the Internet Governance caucus... that we suggest between 1 and 3 names? Are we suggesting more? Are the Privacy Caucus and the HR caucus going to each suggest between 1 and 3?

I guess if there is discussion of endorsing the NCUC list, this caucus could suggest 2 or 3 names and then simply include an endorsement of the rest of the names on the NCUC list.

To get everyone discussing again, so far I've seen (and correct/add, please):

Carlos Afonso
Raul Echevaria
Diana Bronson
Rainer Kuhlen
Meryem Marzouki
Karen Banks
Gregory Walters
Deborah Hurley
Gus Hosein
Stephanie Perrin

(Rikke declined and Marco Cappato is being discussed, but there are reservations)

On the Privacy Caucus list, Tracey Cohen from South Africa and Karl Auerbach from the US were also suggested. And Carolyn L Burke (of Integrity Incorporated) and Richard Rosenberg (of EFF Canada) wrote to Karen to throw their names in the hat.

I also agree with Bill that Karen would be a great choice.

What does everyone think?

Best to all, Frannie

All,

This list is disturbingly silent.

Thoughts on endorsing the NCUC list?

Two people there have already been discussed here
(Alfonso y Echevaria).

I also think Karen Banks would good.

WJM
--
Bill McIver, Ph.D ==
Research Officer | Agent de recherche

--

~~~

Frannie Wellings
Policy Fellow, Electronic Privacy Information Center   ~    http://www.epic.org
Director, The Public Voice    ~   http://www.thepublicvoice.org

1718 Connecticut Ave. N.W., Suite 200 Washington, D.C. 20009 USA

wellings@epic.org

+1 202 483 1140 x 107 (telephone)
+1 202 483 1248 (fax)

~~~