De: "Bill McIver" <mciver@albany.edu>
Date: Ven 25 juin 2004  14:58:22 Europe/Paris
À: hr-wsis@iris.sgdg.org
Objet: WSIS HR-- Statement on Dafur?
Répondre à: mciver@albany.edu

Dear Fellow HR Caucus Members,

I am sorry that I cannot be in Tunis.

I am wondering if any effort is being made
to issue a Civil Society statement on
the crisis in the Dafur region of Sudan.

If not, it seems to me that this is a key
thing for the H.R. caucus to do.

It is not difficult to see the linkages with WSIS, particularly
if one looks at the UNHCR's use (or lack) of its information to
rally a response.

Additionally, having access to governmental delegations (albiet low level)
could help to amplify the message. Advantage should be taken of that.

I am sorry to suggest something that I cannot help with, but
I feel this is a critical issue.

Best,

e-mail: <a href="mailto:mciver@albany.edu";>mciver@albany.edu</a><br>

http://www.albany.edu/~mciver </a><br>