HR caucus involvment in 2 UN WG

Hi all,

As you know, the Plan of Action resulting from WSIS first phase asks
the UN Secretary General to set up two working groups, to deal with
Internet governance (Action Plan Para 13) on the one hand and with
financing (Action Plan, section D) on the other hand.
The CS Internet governance caucus has already sent a letter to Mr Kofi
Annan to express its willing to participate in the Internet governance
WG. From a thematic point of view, this caucus is obviously directly
concerned.
However, it is not the only concerned caucus, and, as a matter of fact,
the more CS caucuses are involved in these follow-up activities, the
better we can hope they will be dealt with.

Since Internet governance, as well as financing, issues involves Human
Rights in many aspects (not only civil and political rights), Rikke and
myself have thought that the HR caucus should also ask for its
involvment in these discussions, and should work on these issues.

Could you please comment on this idea, so that after some days Rikke
and I could start drafting letters to the UN Secretary General ?

Best regards,
Meryem