Re: [Ct-drafting] Section 1- Communication rights

I offer this.  I too prefer to say "communication rights."

WJM

The intent of declaring the need for Communication Rights is decidedly
not to undermine existing human rights.
Communication rights can be seen in relation to the enforcement of a
collection of existing human rights.
These include, but are not limited to, the following articles of the
Universal Declaration of Humans Rights [or better the Covenants]:
Article 12 -- Privacy;
Article 18 -- Freedom of thought, conscience, and religion;
Article 19 -- Freedom of expression and the right to seek, receive, and
impart information through any media;
Article 20 -- Freedom of peaceful assembly;
Article 26 -- The right to education; and,
Article 27 -- The right to participate in the cultural life of the
community as well as intellectual property rights.
Nothing in this statement with regard to communication rights may be
interpreted as implying for any State, group or person any right to engage
in any activity or to perform any act aimed at the destruction of any of
the rights and freedoms set forth in existing human rights.
We cite here, in particular, infringements on Article 19  through
censorship.

WJM

--

Bill McIver