Summit passes

To all member of the HR caucus,

 From my previous message, you may have understood that there is a
discussion on the plenary list regarding passes for the summit. I'm
providing below some quotes of the more relevant messages, for those
who are interested.
In the mean time, could you please post ASAP to this list your
requirement for a pass for the summit, if you intent to attend (name of
the person + name of the organization).

Meryem

The message sent by the CS secretariat to the civil society bureau
member is the following:
"Overpasses

600 overpasses have been allocated to Civil Society and we have
requested 150 more for the World Electronic Media Forum.
Renate Bloem (NGO Family) made a proposal on the 6th November on the
allocation of overpasses.
In addition, it seems appropriate for the opening ceremony to have a
name list well in advance for security reasons.  May we ask each family
to draw up a list of 30 names (in order of priority)."

The discussion is going regarding the proposal originally made:
that many family members are part of WGs)
Bureau Families 21 families each with 4 =   84
Content & Themes group 5
Total pre allocated:  305
First comes first served = 295."

Renata Bloem recently made this clarification:

"What I am hearing from Louise : For security and not just room
capacity reasons during the Opening Ceremony, the families should think
of the best way of how they could help to see that the alotted number
per family could be best distributet. This does not mean to submit
names now to the Secretariat but working towards having names ready for
the Summit. (Only for the Opening, otherwise passes will be
transferable)"

In trying to avoid problems, Angela, a member of the CSB, is proposing
this:

"To shorten the process, pending further clarifications, I am
suggesting if all caucuses could put together their priority list of
names (ranked please) of all those whom they want to receive these
passes, and submit it to one CSB focal point (you can carbon copy your
e-mail to Plenary, C&T) who can post it to the CSB mailing list. This
is to help ensure that we have the names necessary to submit to CSD in
a timely manner.

Please take note that we will not entertain e-mails holding only one or
two names which do not come from the caucuses or content and themes
sub-working group. So, if someone from C&T could coordinate these
submissions, that would be great. If not, we'll try and manage. We
also CANNOT guarantee that all names proposed will be accepted. This
will be the task of the CSD--to sort things out."