Next WSIS meetings

Hi all,

This morning I was at a panel making a briefing on the WSIS process
during an event organized by French groups on Intellectual Property
(see http://www.i3c-asso.org/article.php3?id_article=384 for the
programme - its in French).

At this panel, Jean-François Soupizet, from the European Commission and
head of this delegation at WSIS, made a briefing on the governments
point of view, and he confirmed that the next meetings will be:

- PrepCom3A, as we already knwo now
- Most probably a high-level negociation session (either at the heads
of states "sherpas" or at the ministerial level), on December 8 and 9
- During WSIS, each session involving heads of states will devote 1
hour to observers speaking slots (including civil society)

Of course, these information need official written confirmation.

This would mean :
1/ That final texts will be negociated on WSIS eve (!), in closed
sessions
2/ That we have to start seriously discussing, in the content and
themes group, how we could use in the best possible way the speaking
slots that will be attributed to CS. i.e.: which issues would be
highlighted this way.

Meryem