Re: [hr-wsis] Re: Caucus document to be sent to ITU

Le samedi, 31 mai 2003, à 20:39 Europe/Paris, Frank Joergensen, Rikke a
écrit :

> Thanks for putting it together, Meryem. I think its fine.
>
> One detail:
> I am a bit confused about the way, we use "consistent" (para 4, 8 and
> 9).
> As I understand it in para 4, we are stressing that right are
> interrelated, and that compliance with i.e. 19 presupposes respect for
> other rights as well, if it is not to be meaningless.
> If this is the case, i think its a bit confusing to use "consistent"
> in para 8 and 9, where we are speaking of how to translate rights to
> an infosoc context, giving a concrete "consistent" example.
> However, if i am the only one confused by this, let it be.
>
> Rikke

I've choosen "consistent" everywhere instead of "balanced". e.g. in the
"guidelines" section, I've done that:
"Recognizing that security measures should always be consistent with
the right to privacy."
If you remember the discussion we had withe Cedric from EPIC, some
months ago, we've said that "balanced" is a term always used by
governements (and other actors) to mean in fact any thing they want.
Using "consistent" helps asserting that the right to privacy must be
respected when establishing security measures (in this example).