From: Meryem Marzouki [mailto:marzouki@ras.eu.org]
Sent: 30. maj 2003 15:38
To: hr-wsis@iris.sgdg.org
Subject: [hr-wsis] Re: More inputs to HR caucus document

I think there would be no problem in making a reference to the HR
caucus : even though it probably wont submit a document before this
deadline of May 31, there will be a document and, after all, the HR
caucus does exist and share this minimum values that are implied by the
paragraph you've written.

I, personally, may have a problem with the concept of "free flow of
information". It has been introduced for years by american neoliberal
doctrine, and it has been for years too the "argument" against the
NWICO and McBride report conclusions.

Apart from that, I think references to others rights of the UDHR should
apply, e.g.:

Article 10 -- right to a fair trial
Article 11 -- presumption of innocence (both as arguments against ISP
liability used as a mean of privatized censorship)

Etc.