Re: [hr-wsis] Re: Fwd: sign-on letter: Get de Mello to attend Sept Prepcom!

Hello all,

Do we really think De Mello will come back from his new position in Iraq in
order to attend a prep com about which the Office of the High Commissioner
has done nothing ?

I agree it is very important to get the OHCHR involved but I think De Mello
is a non-starter given his current appointment.   Does he have a
replacement ?   Perhaps a special rapporteur or Mary Robinson would be
better.

Diana

Diana Bronson
Coordinator/Coordonnatrice
Globalization and Human Rights Programme
Programme mondialisation et droits humains
Rights and Democracy/Droits et Démocratie
1001, boul. de Maisonneuve est, Bureau 1100
Montréal, Québec
H2L 4P9
tel:  514 283 6073
fax:  514 283 3792
www.ichrdd.ca
dbronson@ichrdd.ca

                      Meryem Marzouki
                      <marzouki@ras.eu         To:      hr-wsis@iris.sgdg.org
                      .org>                    cc:
                                               Subject: [hr-wsis] Re: Fwd: sign-on letter: Get de Mello to
                      AM
                      Please respond
                      to hr-wsis

Hi Bill,

I think it is rather calling for organizations signature. So what about
CPSR signature ?

--
Putting the "Human Rights in the Information Society" issue on the WSIS
Agenda