Re: [hr-wsis] ARTICLE 19 Critiques Right to Communicate Draft

Hi John, and all,

Could you please provide an URL for the draft Declaration on the Right
to Communicate, or its text, so that everyone on this list could make
his/her own idea ? Or are you referring to an updated version of Cees
Hamelink keynote speech during PrepCom1
(http://www.wsis.info/doc/Quotes_Cees_J.pdf) ?

Furthermore, on this subject, you may be interested in a presentation I
made at the last GlobalCN conference in Montreal (October 2002), during
the panel on "the right to communicate revisited". The objective of my
intervention has been to question the relevance of the right to
communicate framework w.r.t. the human rights framework.

As a panel presentation, it is less detailed than Article 19 analysis,
but it addresses a wider range of concerns raised by the right to
communicate.

Unfortunately, this presentation is only available in French, up to now:
http://www.globalcn.org/fr/article.ntd?id=217&sort=1.21.4

Meryem